The medical supervision required for MHN alcohol detox treatment coverage is covered as part of an inpatient or partial hospitalization program. However, prescription medications that are administered during detox are subject to the subscriber’s prescription medication coverage. The subscriber may receive two separate bills such as one for the clinician’s services and one for the medications that are administered.
Detoxification is often the first step in treating a drug or alcohol addiction. However, it is rarely conducted as a standalone procedure. During detox, medical staff monitor a patient’s heart rate, breathing and body temperature and administer any medications to help with nausea, vomiting or seizures that may result from withdrawal.
MHN Cover Drug and Alcohol Detox
- MHN alcohol detox treatment coverage is helping people suffering from substance abuse overcome their addiction in the healthiest way possible. They partner with providers who specialize in these services.
- Patients can benefit fully from detoxification when it is undertaken in an environment focused on care and recovery. Detoxing from drug and alcohol use is an important stage of the recovery process. To be fully successful it must be followed by a period of assessment and rehabilitation.
- This two-phase process has the best chances of success and long-term efficacy when it is done in an environment focused on care. Managed Health Network coverage includes detox services for people wishing to recover from addiction.
- They work with facilities that have a proven track record of success and that use technique shown to be effective on many patients.
- Detoxing involves withdrawing the addictive substance(s) from the patient and giving their body time to naturally cleanse itself from the toxins.
- Alcohol, street drugs, and prescription drugs all have a toxic effect on the body when used excessively and for long periods. This excessive use can damage organs and tissues; the body can naturally start to heal this damage but full healing will take a long time to achieve.